Well, 2020 is coming to an end and what a year it's been. I've been very blessed this year - everyone in my family stayed healthy and employed, but it's still been a sad and hard 12 months.
I want to take a moment for some year end reflections and a few hopes and goals for the coming 12 months.
What I'm grateful for:
- time - for watching a lot of television, learning new things, cooking, taking walks, playing video games, creating music
- connection with friends and family, pets
- health - even though Sarah has been working in two clinical settings, as far as we know, we've stayed COVID-free all year!
- zero commute - wow I love working from home. I miss seeing human beings in person but, that 1 minute commute from the kitchen to my home office is a dream come true
- the library - I've read so many books this year and I've even taken Switch games out of the library (amazing)
- new toys - a smoker, a synthesizer, a Nintendo Switch, recording equipment
Here are some pictures from this year:
Some goals for next year:
- Spend $0 on Amazon
- Spend $0 on any meal delivery services - only direct delivery from a restaurant or go to pick it up myself!
- Read a bunch of books - but no pressure on how many
- Spend way less time on social media
- Create more music
- Create another video game
- Cultivate more habits of stillness and gratitude
- Make bacon in my smoker
- Hike something very tall
Can't wait to read everyone else's year-end lists!
What do you think?